Presented by: Dr. Jeffrey Bettinger, MD, FACEP
Total Run Time: 31:22
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) published the 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) Final Rule in December 2020. The final rule includes proposed annual updates to the relative weights of physician services, and addresses profound changes to the manner in which outpatient office visits are reimbursed, including a corresponding reduction in emergency medicine payments. The end-of-year COVID relief bill and important modifications to Medicare rates and institution of a balance billing ban at the federal level were also included in the Final Rule.
In order to help emergency physicians, hospitals, and the vendors who serve both prepare for the short and long-term effects of the 2021 MPFS final rule and the COVID legislation, BSA Healthcare is offering a 45-minute webinar dedicated to the following topics:
- Emergency Medicine RVUs and fee schedule
- Conversion factor updates
- 2021 increases in office visit payments and decreases in emergency services payments
- COVID relief package alteration to Medicare rates
- COVID relief package modification of HCPCS codes
- COVID relief package language regarding surprise medical billing.