Presented by: Dr. John Stimler, DO, CPC, CHC, FACEP
Total Run Time: 22:26
This webinar is not eligible for CEUs as the total run time does not meet the 30 minute minimum requirement.
Hospitalist groups often lose revenue secondary to unfamiliarity with the types of cases where the Hospitalist “prevents further deterioration” of the patient. To avoid loss of revenue from coding at lower E&M levels instead of critical care codes, physicians must first recognize critical care case types, and then document the professional services and interventions that support the use of Critical Care codes 99291 and 99292. Topics covered in this webinar include:
● Critical Care location restrictions
● Full attention components leading to Critical Care time determinations
● Reporting rules for documenting Critical Care time
● What to document when other billable procedures are performed
● Critical Care case types.