Presented by: Dr. Jeffrey Bettinger, MD, FACEP
Total Run Time: 40:25
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) published the 2020 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) Final Rule on November 15, 2019. The final rule includes proposed annual updates to the relative weights of physician services, and addresses profound changes to the manner in which outpatient office visits are reimbursed, with corresponding reduction in emergency medicine payments.
In order to help emergency physicians, hospitals, and the vendors who serve both prepare for the short and long-term effects of the 2020 MPFS final rule, MACRA, and the ACA, BSA Healthcare is offering a 45-minute webinar dedicated to the following topics:
• Emergency Medicine RVUs and fee schedule
• Conversion factor updates
• Misvalued codes, including emergency service evaluation and management codes
• Revision of documentation guidelines
• 2021 increases in office visit payments and decreases in emergency services payments
• Out-of-network/fair coverage advocacy and public relations
• ACEP strategic initiative to advance non-Medicare alternative payment models
• CMS-approved emergency medicine-specific alternative payment model.